Dec 8, 2021
As 2021 draws to a close, we welcomed
back our innovation and legaltech gurus, now also our good friends,
for a third year in review podcast: Caryn
Sandler, Partner and Chief Knowledge and Innovation
Officer at Gilbert
& Tobin; Warrick
McLean, CEO at Colman
Grieg Lawyers; and Graeme
Grovum, Head of Technology and Client Solutions
at Allens –
we discussed the year that was…and it was quite a year!
Topics covered in our discussion
- Did we see deep change, transformation or something different
altogether in the legal ecosystem in 2021? And, how will that
influence where we launch from in 2022?
- With “digitisation” almost being the word of the year, how did
that translate into action (or inaction) in legal practice in
- Did data analytics move from numbers on a spread sheet to
something pervasive in, and critical to, decision making internally
and for clients externally in 2021?
- How did the concept of the “adjacent business” evolve in 2021
and where did it/will it find its mark?
- With so much changing in the legal ecosystem, what
capabilities/talent did we see prioritised in 2021, how did that
redefine the war for talent, and will that change in 2022?
- And finally, with 2021 almost in the rear-view mirror, what are
the top priorities in innovation and legaltech for 2022?
Thank you, Caryn, Warrick, and Graeme,
such a delight to spend the time with you – can’t wait to see you
all same time, next year!
To all our friends around the world,
thank you for your support in 2021 – we are so grateful to you and
for you every year. Our very best wishes to you and your families
for a restful, joyful, and peaceful holiday season!