Nov 30, 2020
As 2020 draws to a close, we welcomed back our crystal ball gazers from 2019, innovation and legaltech gurus: Caryn Sandler, Partner and Chief Knowledge and Innovation Officer at Gilbert & Tobin; Warrick McLean, CEO at Colman Grieg Lawyers; and Graeme Grovum, Principal at legal industry consultancy Alpha Creates, to discuss the year in review…
Topics covered in our discussion included:
1. What stood out in innovation and legaltech in 2020? And, how did it show up on law firm Managing Partner/CEO agendas?
2. Whether or not, because of COVID-19, the legal industry had been pushed to a tipping point or a previously unimagined awakening to innovation and legaltech. And, what did that mean going forward?
3. How “sticky” were innovation and legaltech “gains” likely to be in 2021?
4. How important has data been in the operation of legal practice? And, how would that stay the same or change in 2021?
5. How did the changes to work, how we worked and what we used to work, connect and intertwine in legal practice in 2020? And, what will that look like in 2021?
6. And finally, what were (or should be), top priorities in innovation and legaltech in 2021?
Thank you, Caryn, Warrick, and Graeme, for another fabulous conversation – can’t wait to see you all same time, next year!
To all our friends around the world, thank you for your support in 2020 – we appreciate it every year, and especially this one. Our very best wishes to you and your families for a restful, joyful, and peaceful holiday season!